We continue to adhere to all safety precautions and protocols as recommended by the CDC including:
- Questionnaire Screenings: Patients are screened both at the time of making an appointment in addition to their arrival into our office. Patients are reminded the day before their appointments to let us know if they have any signs of a fever, significant cough, and/or flu-like symptoms such as body aches, headache, weakness and/or fatigue. If a patient is exhibiting any of these signs, their appointment will be cancelled at that time. They will be instructed to call their primary care physician and to reschedule their appointment when they are symptom-free and cleared by their PCP.
- Limitations on patient accompaniment: Patients will be asked to come to their appointments alone, or limit accompaniment to 1 person if necessary. Necessary exceptions include those who are elderly, immobile, or a minor. All visitors aside from the above exceptions will be instructed to remain in their vehicles.
- Social distancing in waiting areas: Patients in the waiting room shall sit at least 6 feet apart from one another. If there is not enough room for patients in the waiting area, patients will be asked to wait in their vehicles after check-in and will be notified when the provider is ready for them.
- Social distancing in patient areas: Our staff has also been instructed to practice social distancing from each other when possible.
- Appointment spacing: Appointments will be spaced out to help minimize overlapping of too many patients in an area at one time.
- Disinfection of check-in area: iPads, clipboards and frequently touched counter tops in the check-in area will be cleaned and wiped frequently. In addition, each patient will be offered a clean pen. After use, pens will be cleaned with approved antiseptic agents before being distributed for use again.
- Removal of items in waiting area: All common reading materials (magazines etc.) have been removed from our waiting areas.
- Disinfection of patient area: All door handles and counter tops in patient rooms will be wiped clean with antiseptic agents after every patient.
- Face masks are MANDATORY: Employees and anyone entering our offices MUST wear some type of facial cloth mask cover.
- Patient hand washing: Patients will be encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly upon arrival and departure from our offices.
- Employee hand washing: All staff members are required to thoroughly wash their hands before and after each patient encounter.