As our young athletes begin their journey back into baseball, we would like to provide some helpful tips to help keep them injury free during the baseball season:
Proper return to throwing after prolonged rest will help avoid injury.
- Players should begin an interval exercise program that includes range of motion exercises, strength training and stability work.
- M-W-F: upper extremity exercises, strength program, plyometrics, stretching, control drills and sports specific activities
- T-Th-Sat: lower extremity exercises, strengthening, cardio, core stabilization, stretching, rotator cuff and scapular strengthening
- Sunday: light range of motion exercises and stretching
- Proper stretching and warm up before every game.
- Players should minimize maximum throwing effort.
- Proper stretching exercises after every game.
- Players should consider a professional review of throwing mechanics to ensure proper technique to avoid injury.
For a more complete understanding of the best way to get our young athletes safely back into baseball, join our very own physical therapist, Frank Moceri, for an educational webinar on this topic. (Details below)
Don't have time to wait on hold?
No need to wait on hold to schedule an appointment. Request an appointment online. Once we receive your request, one of our team members will call you back to schedule your appointment. EASY and EFFICIENT!