Beginning June 1, 2020 all of the MBO office locations will be open and fully staffed and operational. We will continue to adhere to all safety precautions and protocols as recommended by the CDC including:
- Questionnaire Screenings: Patients are screened both at the time of making an appointment in addition to their arrival into our office. Patients are reminded the day before their appointments to let us know if they have any signs of a fever, significant cough, and/or flu-like symptoms such as body aches, headache, weakness and/or fatigue. If a patients is exhibiting any of these signs, their appointment will be cancelled at that time. They will be instructed to call their primary care physician and to reschedule their appointment when they are symptom-free and cleared by their PCP.
- Limitations on patient accompaniment: Patients will be asked to come to their appointments alone, or limit accompaniment to 1 person if necessary. Necessary exceptions include those who are elderly, immobile, or a minor. All visitors aside from the above exceptions will be instructed to remain in their vehicles.
- Social distancing in waiting areas: Patients in the waiting room shall sit at least 6 feet apart from one another. If there is not enough room for patients in the waiting area, patients will be asked to wait in their vehicles after check-in and will be notified when the provider is ready for them.
- Social distancing in patient areas: Our staff has also been instructed to practice social distancing from each other when possible.
- Appointment spacing: Appointments will be spaced out to help minimize overlapping of too many patients in an area at one time.
- Disinfection of check-in area: iPads, clipboards and frequently touched counter tops in the check-in area will be cleaned and wiped between each patient. In addition, each patient will be offered a clean pen. After use, pens will be cleaned with approved antiseptic agents before being distributed for use again.
- Removal of items in waiting area: . All common reading materials (magazines etc.) have been removed from our waiting areas.
- Disinfection of patient area: All door handles and counter tops in patient rooms will be wiped clean with antiseptic agents after every patient.
- Face masks are MANDATORY: Employees and anyone entering our offices MUST wear some type of facial cloth mask cover. Due to shortages of PPE (personal protective equipment), we are unable to provide masks to patients or visitors at this time.
- Patient hand washing: Patients will be encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly upon arrival and departure from our offices.
- Employee hand washing: All staff members are required to thoroughly wash their hands before and after each patient encounter.
- Employee testing: All employees reporting to duty are required to take their own temperature and log it in a book upon arrival to the office.
The health and safety of our patients and staff are always our top priority. As we continue to navigate through this pandemic, please know we continue to offer options to you. In addition to offering in-person office visits to all our patients, we are also providing a triage service, where you can call into the office and speak with one of our physician assistants to discuss your condition. During this call, the physician assistant can determine if it is necessary for you to be seen in the office or if they can provide you with recommendations to manage your condition until you are able to be seen in person at a later date. They may also recommend a telehealth visit.
Our telehealth visits are virtual visits designed for you to communicate with one of our physicians or therapists online via a computer, tablet, smart phone; essentially any device with a camera and microphone. It is a great alternative if you are unable to be seen in the office. For more information on telehealth visits, click here.
To schedule an appointment, call our office at 855-896-0444 or request an appointment on line here and one of our team members will call you to get you scheduled.
The physical therapists and occupational therapists at MBO will also be fully staffed and operational on June 1, 2020!
Our team of therapists adhere to each of the above guidelines as recommended by all the health organizations. However, they have a few additional precautionary measures as well.
All stations and gym equipment are sanitized after each patient use.
Due to the limited capacity of the therapy rooms and the need for the therapists and patients to move around those areas, they are limiting the number of patients in the treatment gym to allow for proper social distancing from patient to patient and therapist to therapist.
To maintain these proper social distancing guidelines and still accommodate the number of patients needed to be seen, the therapy department has extended their hours. However, they ask for flexibility in appointment scheduling from our patients on the day and timing of their sessions. Our goal is to allow our patients to get the therapy they need in the safest environment possible. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Our therapists also offer virtual visits as well as home exercise programs for certain conditions. Just call our office for more information!
From all of us at MBO, we continue to wish you health and safety during this time.