A note to MBO Patients who entrust your care with Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics and Mercer County Surgery Center.
We at Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics and Mercer County Surgery Center are continuing to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis impacting the United States. As we continue to increase preparedness, we want everyone to understand your health and wellness is most important and want to summarize some additional steps we, as an organization, are moving towards in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
In the continuing effort to protect our staff and patients, the following policies and recommendations are being implemented effective immediately through 5/1/2020 or until further notice as the dates may be changed or extended depending on the circumstances:
- We, as an organization, continue to follow all protocols and procedures recommended by the CDC and State Department of Health both in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- We have begun and will continue issuing a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Screening Questionnaire to every patient presenting to our locations to further screen patients that have completed recent travel.
- While contacting our Scheduling Department for an appointment, you will be asked additional screening questions. Rest assured, these questions are for everyone’s safety and to ensure the health and wellness of the entire MBO team.
- Both Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics and Mercer County Surgery Center has and will continue with enhanced sanitation and cleaning processes. As these items are standard, we want to assure everyone we continue to maintain high standards in regards to our cleaning process.
- For those patients with continuing physical therapy appointments, if you prefer not to come to an office in person, MBO offers virtual therapy treatment visits. Please contact your therapist about details related to our virtual visit and home exercise programs.
- As recommended by the CDC, we ask everyone to continue to ensure proper hand washing and use of hand sanitizer options.
- For our surgical patients at the Mercer County Surgery Center (MCSC), during presurgical assessment calls, MCSC staff will ask whether patients or guests have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 or any other flu like related symptoms.
- Both Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics and Mercer county Surgery Center will be asking patients to disclose their recent travel history.
- MCSC is asking surgical patients to limit number of visitors to ONE at bedside. This will help ensure additional protection to our surgical patients.
- MCSC employees will also undergo daily temporal temperature screenings to provide patients with added assurance our staff remains committed to the high standards expected in these times.
Lastly, the health of ALL people is of the utmost importance and we are taking these steps to help prevent any spreading of this virus. Thank you for your understanding. Please contact our office should you have any questions.
Chief Executive Officer